Hedi is among TOP15 women to watch in European fintech by Sifted and her startup Cachet is listed as a future unicorn prediction by prominent Estonian investors. She is going to share insights on building a network of 120+ key people and using it to prepare for a market entry.
In the session we covered:
- How to build a network of key people in your industry?
- How to prepare for meetings with mentors?
- How to prepare entering a new market?
- How to ask help so that it brings results and the intros you need?
Main takeaway from the session: Ask for help and you’ll be served.
- Personal follow-up email is a long term investment. Put together an email that makes sense even when looking back at it a year from now
- Successful ask is a key thing to successful networking. To ask well, you need to make it as easy for the other person to help you and spend their social credit
- Figure out whose problem your product is solving on the other side of the intro
- Start with markets that are not heavily saturated. Where are your key clients today?
- Tap into embassies and use local organisations to help get your foot through the door in new markets
- Hunger to grow, experience in the sector, good network and ability to solve problems, eagerness to build – formula for hiring a country manager in Cachet
- Have a specific person in mind you want in your company? Be bold and ask directly.
- Entering new markets and cultures means listening first and not pushing your ways only
- Check out Global Entrepreneurs Program if you want to relocate and take your HQ to UK
Thank you Hedi for an insightful session! Best of luck building Cachet!